Monday 5 August 2013

Facebook and today's poet . . .

Facebook gets a lot of adverse publicity, but there are some very good things about it - for instance with regard to researching WW1 there are some fantastic pages with dedicated, hard working people -

WW1 Buffs, Centenary News 1914 - 1918 and Wipers A Soldiers Tale are just a few.

Then there are the poetry groups - Siegfried Sassoon, Wilfred Owen, May Sinclair - I have come into contact with some fantastic and very helpful people through those Pages.

Thank you all - as far as I am concerned that is the true spirit of Facebook and the Internet.

I also have to thank Dave of the Stow Maries WW1 Aerodrome for an idea he gave me - I woke up thinking of it this morning, which is, to my mind, a very positive sign.  Thank you Dave.  Find out more about Stow Maries Aerodrome on their website - http://www.stowmaries.com.  They, too, have a fantastic Facebook Page.

Today's poet, by the way, is Rose Auslander (1901 - 1988) - Rose was Austro-Hungarian.