Saturday 14 June 2014

Canadian WW1 Female Poets

My grateful thanks to Geoff Harrison who contacted me via the Facebook Page for Female Poets of the First World War.

I am so pleased when people suggest poets I haven't yet found as I do love to discover poets to add to my ever growing list.

Geoff suggested the following :

"We are the dead Canada's Answer" - an anthology which Geoff tells me contains a poem by Elspeth Honeyman
and
https://archive.org/stream/canadianpoems00garvuoft#page/4/mode/2up - which contains a number of women poets new to me.

Thank you very much Geoff.

And thank you to all of your who have contacted me - I try to mention you all for your contribution is important.

Note:  A quick Internet search reveals that Douglas Honeyman and his brother Stuart joined the 29th (Vancouver) Battalion in 1914 and served in the UK and in Europe for the whole of WW1.  I will write to the National Archives of Vancouver and see if I can find out more.  In the meantime, if anyone knows anything about Elspeth, please could they get in touch with me.