Friday 18 July 2014

"Merry it was to laugh there" - Julie Easlea's recent production at the Cramphorn Theatre, Chelmsford


I contacted Julie Easlea recently.  Julie is organising a commemorative WW1 show based on WW1 poetry and I wondered if some of my exhibition panels would be of any use.  Julie has just sent me some photos of the foyer display and I also received this message via my Facebook Page:

Tanya Mortimer Birnie:

"I attended Julie Easlea's theatre production "MERRY IT WAS TO LAUGH THERE" at The Cramphorn Theatre in Chelmsford, Essex recently. I was blown away by the show. It was moving, very poignant and also funny in parts. My friend who has no real interest in WW1 said she came out of the theatre totally understanding about the horrors the soldiers, women and families left behind had to go through just by watching the performance by Christine Absalom and Tim Freeman. 

I read some of the information sheets that were posted on the board about women/people who served. I have a big love of WW1, in particular shot at Dawn soldiers, nurses and VC winners. I will now be researching poems and Poets. Many thanks."

That is good to know - thank you to Julie and to Tanya.  

I hope to bring you further news of future performances of "Merry it was to laugh there" soon.

Onwards!